How to Apply Credit Card: Platinum Standard Bank
Platinum Private Banking from Standard Bank
The Standard Bank Platinum card
People who want a card that provides benefits in various aspects of their lives will have the best alternative with the Platinum Private Banking card from Standard Bank.
Those with an active lifestyle and a love for outings and travel can enjoy many advantages with this card, which offers great benefits to its users beyond just making purchases.
This card has been created for a select group of individuals who can afford to enjoy exclusive events and activities that only Standard Bank can offer its clients.
Benefits and advantages of the Platinum Private Banking card
Users of the Platinum Private Banking card have access to a range of benefits including travel, insurance, and lifestyle perks. This card is not just a means for making purchases; it can be a powerful financial tool for those who want to live a more enjoyable life.
The benefits of Platinum Private Banking include:
- 20% discount on travel when purchasing tickets through Leisure Desk.
- 20% discount on international car rentals with Avis.
- 5% cashback when booking a hotel with Booking.com using the credit card.
- 12 visits per year to Bidvest lounges and 12 visits per year to the library lounge at OR Tambo International Airport, in the domestic departures terminal.
- 20% discount on travel and hotel bookings through Travelstart.
- 10% discount on car rentals when booked through Rentalcars.com and Budget International.
- 15% discount at IHG Hotels & Resorts for travel in Africa, Maldives, Middle East, and Europe when booking with the card.
- 15% discount on online purchases at Wine-of-the-Month-Club.
- Access to food and lifestyle offers in MEA App specials.
- Complimentary platinum membership and benefits in Legacy Lifestyle Rewards.
- Basic travel insurance.
- Coverage for cash withdrawal theft from ATMs with theft insurance.
- Purchase protection.
How to apply for the Platinum Private Banking card?
Customers who already have an account with Standard Bank can apply for the Platinum Private Banking card in the following ways:
Through the bank’s website
- Log in to the bank’s profile.
- Click on “Apply” at the top of the page and complete the requested information.
- Follow the on-screen steps to determine the credit card for which the user qualifies.
Through the Standard Bank app
- Log in to the app, then click on the More window at the bottom.
- Select “Open a new account” and choose personal loans.
- Click on “Apply,” then tap on the credit card option and follow the steps.
Through Mobile Banking
- Dial 1202345# on your cellphone.
- Select option 3.
- Follow the steps provided by the operator.
- Approval or denial of the application will be notified via text message.
- A bank agent will contact the person to discuss the next steps.
Requirements to apply for the Platinum Private Banking card
- Copy of South African identification or passport if foreign.
- Recent proof of income.
- Bank statements for the last three months.
- Minimum monthly income of R58,000.
- Must be over 18 years old.
About Standard Bank
With over 160 years of operation, Standard Bank is one of the largest banks in Africa, serving around 15 million customers.
The bank aims to create an environment that brings out the best in its employees, enabling them to provide the best possible service to customers, helping them build sustainable financial growth.
Standard Bank operates in approximately 20 African countries and has 7 global financial branches.
Costs and fees of the Platinum Private Banking card
- Monthly fee of R395.00.
- Withdrawal fee at bank ATMs: R2.20 per R100.00.
- Withdrawal fee at bank branches: R80.00 + R2.50 per R100.00.
- Deposit fee at bank ATMs: R1.20 per R100.00.
- Payment fee at bank branches: R80.00.
Who is this card for?
Users of the Platinum Private Banking card can access a world of savings and great benefits, making it ideal for those who want to save but also want to use their resources to relax and engage in activities with their loved ones.
People who enjoy an active lifestyle and frequent outings are the ideal customers for this Standard Bank card.
The bank provides two phone lines (national and international) as well as an email address for customers to file their complaints or inquiries.
We hope this information has been very useful to you.
Thank you very much for reading us.
Follow our website for more information on cards, loans and finance!