How to Apply Credit Card: Nedbank Platinum Card
This can only be attributed to one thing: they work. They are one of the fastest and safest solutions offered by financial institutions to their customers.
Their original purpose was to replace cash when it was not available and be able to settle the payment later. The card served as proof of solvency, so its functionality was trusted.
Today, credit cards go beyond solving cash problems and have become an almost indispensable tool in people’s lives, especially because they are used as a basis for managing finances, verifying credit reports, and ensuring solvency for loan management.
This is the case with the Nedbank Platinum Card, which is one of the safest and most solid financial instruments in South Africa.
Benefits and advantages of the Nedbank Platinum Card
Credit cards continue to evolve alongside technological advances, as this allows for improvements in the types of services offered and the levels of security in their use. One example of this is the replacement of magnetic stripes with chips and the implementation of contactless payments.
But the benefits do not stop there. Our cards, such as the Nedbank Platinum Card, offer numerous benefits:
- Purchases at any store with point-of-sale terminals.
- Increased credit options.
- Coverage and protection for purchases.
- Travel benefits: Travel insurance of up to R3 million, as well as access to VIP lounges at domestic airports.
- Payment with a contactless system and QR code.
- Additional cards for only R35.
- Ability to change the credit limit.
- Enjoy 55 interest-free days.
How to apply for the Nedbank Platinum Card?
If you want to apply for your Nedbank Platinum Card, you can do so online or by visiting one of the bank’s branches. However, the first option is the easiest and most convenient.
Go to website, scroll down to the middle of the page where you will find the section for the Nedbank Platinum Card. Click on “Apply online” and provide the requested information to verify your identity.
To make the application, you need to create an ID in the Money app or online banking.
Requirements for application
To apply for a Nedbank Platinum Card, you need to meet the following requirements:
- You need to be 18 years or older.
- You must be a resident of South Africa and have a valid identification document.
- If you are a foreigner, you need to have a passport and residency permit.
- Provide proof of a minimum monthly income of R29,000 before taxes.
Nedbank is one of the youngest banks in South Africa, but it is currently one of the most established in the country. Its headquarters are located in Sandton.
The Dutch Bank and Credit Union was established in 1888 in Amsterdam, later expanding to London in 1906 and to South Africa in 1951, where it became the Netherlands Bank of South Africa Limited. The shares gradually passed into the hands of South Africans, reaching 100% ownership with the purchase of a 20% stake by Bank Mees Hope.
Throughout its history, the bank has undergone a series of name changes and mergers until it became Nedbank in 2005. In 2009, it acquired a 49.9% stake in Imperial Bank South Africa.
Costs and fees
The costs and fees for the Nedbank Platinum Card are as follows:
- Monthly fee: 64 Rands.
- Minimum income requirement: R29,000.
- Credit facility fee starting from R32 per month.
- Optional currency linkage fee of R27.
- Card usage charges: 0.
Who is the card for?
The Nedbank Platinum Card is aimed at individuals who require more financial independence, whether on a personal level or as business owners, as it offers a wide range of benefits. Being able to control monthly expenses and manage them through a financial instrument can be the solution to the lack of time and the busy lives that many people have to lead. Enjoying benefits such as cashback or points, special credit offers, or financing purchases will always be a plus for customers who want to live more comfortably.
Like any other bank, our priority is to be able to assist our customers whenever they need a service. For this reason, various channels of assistance have been established to quickly resolve any issues.
- National landline phone number: 084 196 4473.
- Toll-free national landline: 0800 555 111.
- You can chat with Enbi, an assistant from Online Banking or the Money app, available 24/7.
- You can also visit any branch of the bank and speak to a business agent.
We hope this information has been very useful to you.
Thank you very much for reading us.
Follow our website for more information on cards, loans and finance!